Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
London
I'm looking for people who swim with their Apple Watch 1st generation or Series 1 on regular bases. How is your watch held up so far? I'm still debating on whether to upgrade from 1st gen to Series 3 or not just for swimming purposes. I found an app called Swim.com that calculates how much I swam in the pool. And it works pretty well even with 1st gen Watch.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I swam with my original Apple Watch a lot in 2015 & 2016 before the Series 2 launched. It held up fine. Thinking back though, not sure if I would have taken that risk again.

Reactions: v1597psh

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
London
Why taking a chance? It can do a job, but it's never designed to do. If something goes wrong you're on your own. It's never smart to be risky.
I know that Series 0 and 1 are not designed for swimming but IPX7 standard allows it to be submerged for up to 1m for 30 mins which fits my needs as a swimmer. So that's why I'm looking for feedback from people who did take that risk

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I know that Series 0 and 1 are not designed for swimming but IPX7 standard allows it to be submerged for up to 1m for 30 mins which fits my needs as a swimmer. So that's why I'm looking for feedback from people who did take that risk

I didn't swim laps, but when we'd take the boat out and I'd jump in, I had my watch on (series 1) with no issues. It regularly stayed submerged for minutes at a time..

There's a pretty great review site out there (although it's a bit old) where a guy wears his series one swimming and diving with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.