Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
The only Macs I use Tiger on are very low-end; a 700MHz iMac G4 and an iBook G3 "Snow" (and I'll get it on my Clamshell soon). Since I don't do a lot of web browsing on these, I'm not going to install TenFourFox and I'd like to use TenFourKit instead. Yes, it's outdated, but my Internet usage is very low on these machines so it should be fine. The problem is that I can't find a download for it. MacUpdate is the only source, but it says that the download is from 2012 and I though TenFourKit was last updated in 2013. TenFourKit users, where did you download your copy from?

Thanks,
Henry

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016
You're not even attempting to find it. It's literally on the first page if you Google it. MacUpdate is not the only source :p

ziggy29

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2014
Oregon North Coast
MacUpdate is the only source, but it says that the download is from 2012 and I though TenFourKit was last updated in 2013. TenFourKit users, where did you download your copy from?
Note that the additional link to the Google code source is also from 2012. There's a lot of security updates that will be missing from this version. Looks like that's when development stopped? For what it's worth, in a 2012-era browser, Camino 2.1.2 might also be an option (again, with the caveat regarding no security updates in nearly five years).

Reactions: AmazingHenry

KawaiiAurora

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2016
Europa
Fun fact about Google Code Archives: You can't see anything on older browsers (header and footer load but that's it). When downloading TenFourKit, I had to find the direct link on my iPad and then type that in. An old sofware archive that doesn't work with old software.. Just awesome lol MacintoshGarden should really host it..

ziggy29

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2014
Oregon North Coast
Fun fact about Google Code Archives: You can't see anything on older browsers (header and footer load but that's it). When downloading TenFourKit, I had to find the direct link on my iPad and then type that in. An old sofware archive that doesn't work with old software.. Just awesome lol MacintoshGarden should really host it..
Yeah, that would be like the Mac OS 9 Lives website not rendering on Classilla... :)

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Note that the additional link to the Google code source is also from 2012. There's a lot of security updates that will be missing from this version. Looks like that's when development stopped? For what it's worth, in a 2012-era browser, Camino 2.1.2 might also be an option (again, with the caveat regarding no security updates in nearly five years).
Yeah, I really like Camino. It's fast and works fine for basic browsing. Just wanted to try TenFourKit and see if it would be any better. But, as I've said in another thread, I'm stuck with just my iBook G4 with Leopard right now so I'll have to wait a day or two before I can test it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.