Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone Should I Consider?

• Gold iPhone 6s - 128GB

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Gold iPhone 7 - 32GB

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

EmilyB613

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Hogwarts
Hello all!

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5s that has served me well over the past few years. However, I'm considering a larger screen this time around when I upgrade. I'm waiting until after the September 12 event in case of any price drops.

I'm trying to decide between a gold 128GB iPhone 6s or gold 32GB iPhone 7. They are both the same price at $649 without taxes, currently. I do not want a payment plan, as I believe in saving my money to buy the phone outright. I also say that's my spending limit.

I'm not opposed to the iPhone SE, but I've had a 4-inch screen for almost 6 years now (I think) and it's time for a larger screen.

Vote for your choice and let me know why in the comments - it will help me in the decision-making process!

Warmly,
Emily

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
If you happen to be on T-Mobile you can trade in the 5s for $300. That makes a 128gb iPhone 7 only $450 + Tax

Reactions: EmilyB613

aKansasKid

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
You have the best answer, not us. How much memory do you need? Has 32 GB been enough? If not, get the 128 GB 6s. Do you use wired headphones (or wired earbuds)? If you don't want to lose the headphone jack, get the 6s. Sure, there are other differences - the 7 is supposed to be an update from the 6s. But storage and headphone jack are the two that will bite you first, if they are indeed requirements. If not, get the 7.

Hellenek

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Why not wait till next week after the new iPhones are announced? Current iPhones will be cheaper and you'll also have more options.

In the meantime, if you can, get some money for the 5S before the price drops. Then wait with your cash...

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I think it depends on your individual needs. The 6s is still a capable phone. 128gb is a huge jump over 32gb if that is important to you. The 7 will be more future proof. Sounds like it just depends on your personal needs. I have a 32gb 6 and the memory is not enough for me these days.

EmilyB613

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Hogwarts
I decided that I'm going with the 128GB iPhone 7. I won't purchase until next Wednesday, of course :) Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.