Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbdoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Since I’ve upgraded to iOS13 beta release 5 and 6, my iPhone X loses cellular connectivity at random times. Connectivity does not return unless I put the phone in and out of airplane mode. I’ve tried changing the SIM, resetting the phone and resetting network settings- none of these solutions work permanently. The only solution so far is to reset and reinstall iOS12.

Anyone else having this issue?

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Since I’ve upgraded to iOS13 beta release 5 and 6, my iPhone X loses cellular connectivity at random times. Connectivity does not return unless I put the phone in and out of airplane mode. I’ve tried changing the SIM, resetting the phone and resetting network settings- none of these solutions work permanently. The only solution so far is to reset and reinstall iOS12.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...freezes-hardware-or-software-failure.2194126/

yes but mine is worse, Airplane mode doesn’t fix it only a full reboot for me.
[doublepost=1566367717][/doublepost]Is yours the Intel iPhone X by any chance?

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX

Try resetting your network settings.

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
I am having the same issue and have found that only a reboot cures it. This has happen to me in the last few days in both San Francisco and Manhattan. My iPhone X is on Sprint and with a Qualcomm modem.

Reactions: alecc131

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
I am having the same issue and have found that only a reboot cures it. This has happen to me in the last few days in both San Francisco and Manhattan. My iPhone X is on Sprint and with a Qualcomm modem.

Same here in Manhattan.

Also, in Manhattan, on AT&T, my iPhone has been automatically connecting to a random WiFI called CB_roaming (noted as an AT&T Passpoint Hotspot). Forgetting the network does not resolve.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I've had 2 occasions where I'll suddenly lose data connectivity, it will still show the 4G symbol, just no data transfer occurs, have to reboot to fix it. iPhone X with an Intel Modem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.