Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrumpWon!

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2017
I am loving the 8+ a lot. Coming from the 6+ this phone is a substantial improvement. The screen is amazing with tru tone. SO SPEEDY. Given my experience so far Idk how I could justify $200 more for the 256gb x basically the same phone except for the screen. I like the x but not the price for what you get. I’d be a buyer if the X plus next year if they have one.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

BillyBobT

Suspended
Sep 22, 2017
I am loving the 8+ a lot. Coming from the 6+ this phone is a substantial improvement. The screen is amazing with tru tone. SO SPEEDY. Given my experience so far Idk how I could justify $200 more for the 256gb x basically the same phone except for the screen. I like the x but not the price for what you get. I’d be a buyer if the X plus next year if they have one.

Except for the screen?

Phasism

Suspended
Sep 18, 2017
The same phone except for the screen because the x uses oled

Yet it has better front facing camera experience if you call it that. The way you interact with iOS 11 on it is very different. Can't forget ANIMOJIS oh and small spec bump in camera overall I believe and dimensions. Oh oh oh oh oh and that notch that I love !!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

This is a good post. Because the iPhone 8 is a fairly substantial upgrade over the iPhone 6 Plus. There are quite a few improvements internally and Externally that make up the difference between both models, even though they resemble each other. Someone like yourself, you can appreciate the difference of two generation iPhones upgrading, versus the iPhone X which is likely more than what you want. Next year, the iPhone X is actually rumored into two likely into sizes (5.8 and 6.4) with further improvements.

Reactions: TrumpWon!
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.