Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
Has anyone seen any screenshots of the upcoming LTE Music app? I’ve seen the keynote and what’s on Apple’s website and it appears the only promo material released so far show the Now Playing interface and scrolling through albums.

I’m curious how deep the Watch app’s integration will go into Apple Music and Beats 1. They mentioned during the keynote we’ll be able to listen to Beats 1 live, but I’m wondering if they’ll also support listening to the on-demand recorded shows.

I enjoy listening to shows like Hyperhouse and Lazer Sound on my runs, so I’m hoping they include on-demand support. Otherwise, I still won’t be able to completely ditch my phone on my runs.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Is Beats1 now available in WatchOS 4.1? I see the rest of my Apple Music library available to stream but not it. Is it a separate app? I also looked in the Music settings in the Watch App on my iPhone and couldn’t see it there either. Thanks for any help.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Is Beats1 now available in WatchOS 4.1? I see the rest of my Apple Music library available to stream but not it. Is it a separate app? I also looked in the Music settings in the Watch App on my iPhone and couldn’t see it there either. Thanks for any help.

The radio app is only on the series 3, but if I say “play radio” to SIRI on my series 1 watch, and after doing nothing for about 10-15 seconds, it plays on the iPhone.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The radio app is only on the series 3, but if I say “play radio” to SIRI on my series 1 watch, and after doing nothing for about 10-15 seconds, it plays on the iPhone.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a series 3 but not with LTE, just the GPS version. But per your advice, I asked Siri to open the radio app and she did to my surprise. It was there in my app layout screen after all, but it’s odd that it’s not listed as an installed app when I look through the settings on the Watch app on my iPhone. I’m still not sure when I’ll use this, as I expect to always have my phone with me. As other's have said, I wish I could control/select what’s playing on my phone from the Watch, like we could in watchOS 3.

dlbmacfan

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tim30269

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone seen any screenshots of the upcoming LTE Music app? I’ve seen the keynote and what’s on Apple’s website and it appears the only promo material released so far show the Now Playing interface and scrolling through albums.

I’m curious how deep the Watch app’s integration will go into Apple Music and Beats 1. They mentioned during the keynote we’ll be able to listen to Beats 1 live, but I’m wondering if they’ll also support listening to the on-demand recorded shows.

I enjoy listening to shows like Hyperhouse and Lazer Sound on my runs, so I’m hoping they include on-demand support. Otherwise, I still won’t be able to completely ditch my phone on my runs.

Should just be a screen shot of the battery dying rapidly.

I was close to biting on the watch 3 LTE until I found out battery life (starting with a full charge) while walking outside using gps, LTE and streaming music simultaneously would be minimal (1 hour? Nobody knows). I won’t buy a LTE Watch if it won’t work while streaming music for 4 hrs minimum for a long walk or run. Wouldn’t be a problem if I could buy a charging watchband but Apple killed some good 3rd party bands and then follow by not offering their own. Fail! No LTE watch for me without minimum of 4 hrs access to 911 for an emergency if needed. Get it together Apple

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Should just be a screen shot of the battery dying rapidly.

I was close to biting on the watch 3 LTE until I found out battery life (starting with a full charge) while walking outside using gps, LTE and streaming music simultaneously would be minimal (1 hour? Nobody knows). I won’t buy a LTE Watch if it won’t work while streaming music for 4 hrs minimum for a long walk or run. Wouldn’t be a problem if I could buy a charging watchband but Apple killed some good 3rd party bands and then follow by not offering their own. Fail! No LTE watch for me without minimum of 4 hrs access to 911 for an emergency if needed. Get it together Apple

Good news then,
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...streaming-apple-music-over-lte.2082809/unread

Reactions: menace3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.