Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you notice a little graininess/noise in your camera app using the back camera?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Sexymofo33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
The back camera and front as well show visible noise when I look in the camera app, especially when I zoom in.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
What about the actual photos? To me, that would be more important than what you see on the screen when you are using the camera.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I didn’t pay attention to what my 2018 was like, but you do notice the grains right? I’m not the only one right?
Yeah, it’s like little electrons vibrating right?

I do a lot of iPad photography so to me I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. I’ve seen this in my previous iPad Pro. I think it’s just more apparent in the iPad vs the iPhone because the “viewfinder” is so large.

Last edited:

Sexymofo33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
Yeah, it’s like little electrons vibrating right?

I do a lot of iPad photography so to me I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. I’ve seen this in my previous iPad Pro. I think it’s just more apparent in the iPad vs the iPhone because the “viewfinder” is so large.
Yep. I see, so it’s not a problem with my iPad then.

What kind of light level? You'd have to look at the ISO to see if it's shooting at a higher ISO, leader to more noise.
How do I change the ISO?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.