Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imrpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
Does anyone know if the new M1 MacBooks are available on the Employee Purchase Program, Friends and Family store? Can anyone confirm?

vagabnd

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
Does anyone know if the new M1 MacBooks are available on the Employee Purchase Program, Friends and Family store? Can anyone confirm?
Why don't you just ask the person who is going to get the discount for you?

• Haha
Reactions: Zazoh

Golygoly2

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
I want to buy macbook pro 13" m1 and iPhone 12 pro.
I have a friend who works in Apple but I don't want to bother him too much. Can you buy those in 15% discount or not yet?

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
I’m not incredibly surprised to see the 15% is there.

As a former Apple employee, I remember it taking sometimes weeks If not months before the full 25% EPP.

I think the Intel Macs were the very rare exception.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Were you replying to my message about the Mac Mini M1 and do you work for Apple?
6% is the standard discount Apple offers on Macs to employees of companies who sign up for the discount program (they are usually also volume buyers of Apple products). It also falls under the EPP umbrella.

NikoBeaR

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2020
6% is the standard discount Apple offers on Macs to employees of companies who sign up for the discount program (they are usually also volume buyers of Apple products). It also falls under the EPP umbrella.

Interesting. Thank you for the info! 6% is not much as Amazon is giving $40 and Costco $30 off already + extra warranty. There was a comment above about 25% discounts, so it sounds like the discount % fluctuates? When it's a new product, it's low, but as it ages, it gets bigger (up to 25%?). Does that sound about right?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Interesting. Thank you for the info! 6% is not much as Amazon is giving $40 and Costco $30 off already + extra warranty. There was a comment above about 25% discounts, so it sounds like the discount % fluctuates? When it's a new product, it's low, but as it ages, it gets bigger (up to 25%?). Does that sound about right?
Typically it's constant. 6% is common for Macs. 10% for AppleCare, and 2% for iPhones and iPads. The discounts aren't much, and typically resellers have better deals a month or so after new releases. I'm not sure if Apple is planning any Black Friday deals (likely not), but I would expect some resellers to.

imrpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
I got my standard 6% discount ordering my M1 MacBook Air through my employer’s EPP. So I got the M1 MacBook Air 16/512 8-Core GPU model for $1362 plus tax.
I meant Apple's Employee Purchase Program, the 15% discount given to apple employee's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.