Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Nooby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2024
Hey there.
I am a young medical intern opening media channels in the hope of make a living from both of them so I take my gear seriously since its an investment in my future. I am coming fomr a windows laptop and I am ready for a change.
I video edit 4k raw films, I like to move around and work unplugged and do extreme multitasking with chrome, YouTube, pdf, office docs, Canva and capcut leaving everything open all together. I want it to be blazing fast. M2 pro is cheaper but I am willing to pay extra so that's not the issue. I want it to last for 2-3years before reselling and upgrading. What would you choose?

Last edited:

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Hey there.
I am a young medical intern opening media channels in the hope of make a living from both of them so I take my gear seriously since its an investment in my future. I am coming fomr a windows laptop and I am ready for a change.
I video edit 4k raw films, I like to move around and work unplugged and do extreme multitasking with chrome, YouTube, pdf, office docs, Canva and capcut leaving everything open all together. I want it to be blazing fast. M2 pro is cheaper but I am willing to pay extra so that's not the issue. I want it to last for 2-3years before reselling and upgrading. What would you choose?
You said you are willing to pay extra so get the fastest machine and and give it 64 gigs of RAM. Perhaps go to Youtube and search Artisright as he has some very good comparisons of Macs and recommendations based on both test and real world use.

Burnincoco

macrumors regular
May 6, 2007
M2 pro, better wifi, better hdmi, 32GB is nice for video editing.
M1 Max, double video encoders and decoders, Better GPU, 64GB is good for AI things
If you can go to M2 Max 30GPU, 32RAM, that would be the sweet spot

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.