Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I still adore my 2015 15" MBP, just paid Apple $300 to put a new battery in a couple months ago and it's running pretty good on Big Sur I can't imagine how amazing it must be to have a fully loaded M1 Max 16" what a beast!

Reactions: roach1245

roach1245

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
I still adore my 2015 15" MBP, just paid Apple $300 to put a new battery in a couple months ago and it's running pretty good on Big Sur I can't imagine how amazing it must be to have a fully loaded M1 Max 16" what a beast!
What an amazing device the 2015 MBP is. Trading it in was actually painful since it served me so well over the years (with so many colleagues with newer Macbook Pros looking at me jealously with my non-butterfly keyboard, let alone colleagues with unstable low-resolution Windows laptops from Dell and Lenovo). The 2015 MBP was such a highlight of Apple, I think only the new M1s can be called its worthy successor, let's forget about the years in-between!

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
I have the 14 with 64GB RAM - it is pretty good. I wanted something I could haul about easily. Definitely a good choice. Some of the students have been rocking up with the same – hate to think what their loans are like!

roach1245

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
I have the 14 with 64GB RAM - it is pretty good. I wanted something I could haul about easily. Definitely a good choice. Some of the students have been rocking up with the same – hate to think what their loans are like!
Yeah I've seen quite some students as well with it! Must be quite high loans. I don't think I needed this power when I was a student - if I were a student nowadays I'd probably go for the M1 Air. Also see a lot of students with iPads nowadays to take notes.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Yeah I've seen quite some students as well with it! Must be quite high loans. I don't think I needed this power when I was a student - if I were a student nowadays I'd probably go for the M1 Air. Also see a lot of students with iPads nowadays to take notes.

The M1 Air is really good, I have been addicted to mine since I bought it, it’s just so fun to use! I don’t even hardly use my iPad anymore that’s how amazing it is. I think most people, unless there is a true need for maximum horsepower, could get by for years with one of these no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.