Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spline

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I'm getting daily kernel panics and restarts, occurring when my A2337 MBA is in sleep mode overnight. It's always left unplugged but with plenty of charge on the battery, and no apps running. Each morning, it's showing "Your computer was restarted because of a problem...". At the top of the lengthy crash log is the line:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe0021b0bf4c): "AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard::setPowerState(0xfffffe2331a4e600 : 0xfffffe0023468234, 1 -> 0) timed out after 10302 ms"

MacOS is up to date (11.6). It also happened under the earlier versions 11.5.1, 11.5.2 (this started in July, the machine was fine before that). During the day nothing unusual is noticed.

I've put it in recovery mode and reinstalled macOS with no luck. Any suggestions about what next? Thanks in advance.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If the kernel panic is easily reproducible, take it to apple Store and see how it can be fixed. Maybe you can get a replacement

Spline

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
If the kernel panic is easily reproducible, take it to apple Store and see how it can be fixed. Maybe you can get a replacement
That's the plan if further advice and troubleshooting aren't able to resolve. But I'm a long way from an Apple Store. and would have to ship.

Is this likely a hardware issue?

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That's the plan if further advice and troubleshooting aren't able to resolve. But I'm a long way from an Apple Store. and would have to ship.

Is this likely a hardware issue?
You can try to diagnose by using your M1 MacBook Air as bare metal (fresh macOS, nothing installed) for a while and see of kernel panic keeps happening. If it does, then I suspect hardware is broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.