Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeeboy5r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
So whenever I put my mac book air to sleep for a long period of time it shuts down completely and has to be plugged into a charger for 5 minutes before it reboots. The light doesn't even show up on the charger at first, and it is always full charged when I put it to sleep, so I don't think it's running out of charge while asleep. Secondly, while playing a quite demanding steam game, my mac book just shut off, all the power gone and isn't turning on after pressing the power button repeatedly. The mac was heating up a fair amount and was plugged in at 100%. I need a fix to this, I use it for all my schoolwork.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
What do you mean with "a long period of time"? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month? If the MBA is in standby the battery can last up to 30 days - depending on how old it is respectively on the age of the battery.

As for the MBA shutting down when playing, does it just turn off itself? Any error messages or indicators?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.