Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I just got the Heos 5 speaker for christmas, and have successfully paired it via wifi with my iphone.
But when Im trying to pair it via bluetooth with my Mac, it just keeps disconnecting the speaker. Im unable to play music from the Mac.

What do I do?

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Why should that be required when I want to pair it over bluetooth?
Thats what you do for airplay setup. And for some wierd reason OSX doesnt have airplay, but iPhone do.

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
OSX has Airplay! I just thought it was worth a go. Give it a whirl.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
IF it has airplay then how come it doesnt have airplay?

Please tell me where to find it.

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Isn't it along the top right of the screen? I think the time is up there as well.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Just found out my now eight year old Macbook dont have airplay. It was introduced in 2011 it seems.

Anyway, I contacted Denon about this. And it seems that this indeed is their fault, as should be the obvious answer in a case like this. And they´re working on it fortunatly:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry, I apologise for the delay in this response. We have been experiencing high volumes due to the time of year.

A HEOS Control app at present does not exist for desktop computers. This is something that we have had a lot of feedback and requests for and I will certainly pass this correspondence back to our Research and Development team as another show of demand for this.

Regarding Bluetooth functionality with OSX, this is something that we are aware of and our engineers are working on a fix for this which will be included in one of the forthcoming firmware updates for HEOS. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,

Denon Customer Support​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.