Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
so some may remember me seeking out a way to share photos with family/friends from events, be able to easily share high res versions, etc... seems the new .mac gallery is perfect. i've got ilife 08 and a .mac family pack, so i'm all set, right? well, not quite. my problem is that i'm an aperture user. so... i am trying to figure out how to go about getting my photos onto .mac gallery without having to use iphoto? i suppose there's probably not a way... but does anyone know of a good solution to use both iphoto AND aperture? as silly as it sounds... if there were a way to share files/libraries so as not to have double the hard drive space used, etc... that'd be awesome

any thoughts?

Hopstretch

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2006
... seems the new .mac gallery is perfect. i've got ilife 08 and a .mac family pack, so i'm all set, right? well, not quite. my problem is that i'm an aperture user.
Actually, that's just the start of your problems.

See here and here and I'm sure plenty of other crannies within the broader Mac web.

Sorry.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Yeah, I had built a pretty decent sized website using iWeb published to my .Mac space, but it killed me that it would compress the images and strip all the EXIF data. So I put all my pictures online using SmugMug now, and I'm really happy with it! I still use my .Mac for plenty of other stuff, just not for putting my pics online. :)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
you think smugmug is better than flickr? it seems to be a little slicker in appearance... hmm. thoughts from folks who may have tried both?

main things for me would be easy way to upload batches of photos... ideally straight from iphoto via a plugin or something (i know snapfish has such a thing)... and being able to have full res, uncompressed images shareable for download and ultimately print..

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.