Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAMHQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2022
I pay google to host the mail on my personal domain (@scrapartsmusic.com) and have two weeks left of this month's payment left to figure out how to close things properly.

I'd like to stop paying google for the mail hosting and have begun to pay my domain host for mail hosting (Bandzoogle). It's considerably cheaper and I don't use all the features the G Mail Suite offers.

I have always had all my mail to my @scrapartsmusic address funneled thru Mac Mail (pre-google hosting, google hosted and now Bnadzoogle hosted).

I set up a new account in Mac Mail (it's IMAP) for the Bandzoogle hosted mail but my pre-set up mail that was hosted on google isn't showing up in my new Bandzoogle-hosted mail account. I get that it wouldn't populate the webmail but shouldn't it still be in Mac Mail?

If I have been backing up my computer on Time Machine, are my emails saved that way?

I am getting new mail thru the domain hosted Mail account on Mac Mail but the pre-sign up emails aren't in the inbox as they are in the google-hosted account on Mac Mail.

I want to stop paying Google for hosting my mail but I don't want to lose all the mail they hosted for a couple years.

When I went to close down the google mail account I suddenly had to decide if I wanted to close down Youtube and many other google related properties. I believe I had those pre-mail hosting. I am feeling out to sea here and hope someone can advise me!

Is this even a question I should be posting here?

Thanks. ❤️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.