Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoxxieSarah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
I just got a new email address for my company. The URL was purchased from Godaddy, but the email itself is hosted by google that I am paying for through google aps. So my email address is in the format of myname@mydomainname.com.

I added the email account to my mac mail and it is there and its working fine, as in I am able to send and receive most emails. However, in the panel along the left hand side that shows all my email boxes, the new email box that I added, doesn't show a number of new emails that I have like all my others do. This is driving me NUTS. How do I add the little thing that goes on the side of it that shows how many new messages are in there?

I have included a screen shot of it. My "Google" email box and "SCMUA" boxes are both just personal gmail addresses. "MoxxieMakeup" is my company one that is hosted by google. As you can see, it shows no new messages in the left column, but clearly, you can see that there is a new message in there!
I know that up by my inbox there is a little sqiggly, please ignore it. It's because there is another email box, that you can't see in the screen shot, that has been disconnected. I just haven't removed it from my mac mail yet.

Also, in that same left hand column, all of my folders for my two personal google accounts appear. But the one for my business (Moxxie makeup) do not. I am just talking about Spam, & Trash. How do I get those to appear in my Mac Mail left hand panel? I like having visibility to all of them.

Thank you!
Slide1_zpsvduky6nn.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.