Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avk458

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Mac mini 2012 late
8G ram
Intel Graphics HD4000 (default VRAM 1536MB modify to 2048MB)
The system is 10.11.4 , working 1080P x 30Hz HiDPI on P2415Q with DisplayPort
But I got some problems,it will shows blurred screen on boot and first time login in.
If I logout once, it will work perfectly .
Is there any way to fix this problem? thanks a lot!
1.pic_hd.jpg 2.pic_hd.jpg 3.pic_hd.jpg IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Intel Graphics HD4000 (default VRAM 1536MB modify to 2048MB)

I'm probably not the right person to comment on this issue, but from the screenshots, it looks to me like the screen is not blurry, but rather that there's trash on the screen. Which, in my experience, has happened when something has been overwriting video memory with other data. And, therefore, leads me to ask: in what manner have you modified the memory sharing limits for the HD4000 GPU? And have you tried running without the modification?

My guess would be that OS X (or some other running app) is getting confused about the region of memory being used by the GPU...

avk458

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I'm probably not the right person to comment on this issue, but from the screenshots, it looks to me like the screen is not blurry, but rather that there's trash on the screen. Which, in my experience, has happened when something has been overwriting video memory with other data. And, therefore, leads me to ask: in what manner have you modified the memory sharing limits for the HD4000 GPU? And have you tried running without the modification?

My guess would be that OS X (or some other running app) is getting confused about the region of memory being used by the GPU...
Thanks for your comment, I'm thinking of reinstallation.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
When I got into recovery mode, it displayed like this.
View attachment 625549

Yeah, that definitely looks like graphics memory is being written to or read from in the wrong order, with the bottom half of that window being split into regions like that. I would definitely try to undo the GPU modification. (Just starting recovery mode wouldn't be enough to do that...)

avk458

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah, that definitely looks like graphics memory is being written to or read from in the wrong order, with the bottom half of that window being split into regions like that. I would definitely try to undo the GPU modification. (Just starting recovery mode wouldn't be enough to do that...)
Thanks a lot! Yes I undo the GPU modification, but the boot screen "broken" all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.