Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d3vCr0w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum, so this is my first thread/post. I hope you can help me.

I had a PowerBook G4 with a 160GB Hard Drive, it was running OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. As my Mac Mini G4 had a 40GB I deceided to install the PowerBook's 160GB into my Mac Mini. I had no problems with the PowerBook, I reinstalled Tiger in the 40GB hard drive (now inside the PowerBook) ane everything was ok.

The problem was with the Mac Mini, When I turn it on it doesn't recognize either the Mouse or the Keyboard (both are generic), so I went to Open Firmware and performed a reset-all command, after thar I could make the Keyboard work, but not the Mouse.

In order to have another possibility to make it work I deceided to get into Single User mode (CMD+S) and removed the .AppleSetupDone file, I thought it was going to work, but now I get a message asking to configure the keyboard, and it is supposed to be done with the Mouse (I have to clic an on-screen button) but the Mouse doesn't work. Now I'm stuck, can somebody help me?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.