Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enderlais_HD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
Hello i am trying to install windws xp on the mac mini without bootcamp so it runs natively but ive got into a problem ive watched a tutorial on youtube but my mac mini is to new for that it says i dont have enough low memory for windows nt and that i only have 353k and need 512k is there anny work around? because the windows 7 installer boots

Funny Apple Man

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2022
Is it bootcamp or just an emulator? An emulator can run XP fine.

If you're talking about bootcamp, then you can't run XP on it since your Mac is too new.

Enderlais_HD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
no
Is it bootcamp or just an emulator? An emulator can run XP fine.

If you're talking about bootcamp, then you can't run XP on it since your Mac is too new.
no im not talking about boot camp i am trying to run it natively so that i doo not need mac os and windows xp is directly on the ssd i want it natively but maby this is just impossebille

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I think bootcamp is as close as you can get to "native". The Mac boots into Windows instead of MacOS. I am moving this post to our forum for Windows and other operating systems, maybe you will get more responses there.

Enderlais_HD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
I think bootcamp is as close as you can get to "native". The Mac boots into Windows instead of MacOS. I am moving this post to our forum for Windows and other operating systems, maybe you will get more responses there.
thank you but i want to run it native because i just want to not uese macOS because it is a new challange for me. so ill still be trying but i think im missing some knowlage for me to doo that and i dont like the nowerdays macs so im still gonna try

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You will still like the boot camp assistant, as you can download the driver package for your mini through that assistant, those include the graphics chip and sound chip, and, of course, others that need to be installed with Windows.

However, this page may help you with that - https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1837?locale=en_US

You began by talking about Win XP (probably not, unless you do a VM install of some kind)
Then, you said that you could boot to a Win 7 installer (probably your best choice, if you want to stay with an older system.
Finally, you said that you get a memory error message about Win NT.
You might decide which version you really want to install.
Finally, make sure that you are trying 64-Bit installs of whatever Windows you need. Your 2014 will need a 64-bit Windows install.

Enderlais_HD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
You will still like the boot camp assistant, as you can download the driver package for your mini through that assistant, those include the graphics chip and sound chip, and, of course, others that need to be installed with Windows.

However, this page may help you with that - https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1837?locale=en_US

You began by talking about Win XP (probably not, unless you do a VM install of some kind)
Then, you said that you could boot to a Win 7 installer (probably your best choice, if you want to stay with an older system.
Finally, you said that you get a memory error message about Win NT.
You might decide which version you really want to install.
Finally, make sure that you are trying 64-Bit installs of whatever Windows you need. Your 2014 will need a 64-bit Windows install.
oh i dident knew that i needed 64 bit i dont think i ever uesed a 64 bit installer im going to that now and try aigain with windows xp i just saied the windwos 7 part if that installer somehow helped me

carylee2002

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2008
I use Windows 10 on my 2014 Mac mini without any problems. I wiped out my system hard drive of all mac related programs including the OS which was High Sierra and did a fresh Windows 10 install. Downloaded all my drivers using windows and have no problems. I then installed Open-Shell and it works like Windows XP without the tiles but instead has the start button on the bottom left. That was the game-changer that I need without the need to learn anything new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.