Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hello.

I have used this mac mini M1 since december but recently I started noticing the audio distorts quite easily and crackles making listening to music annoying.
It didn't have these problems earlier, I would have 100% noticed, so this makes me think it could be something fixable with an update (I'm on macOS 11.4).

The problem is the same regardless of the software I use to play the music and it happes in the same manner with the headphones attached directly to the computer, with my DAC, with my external audio interface and with my bluetooth headphones.

Did any of you experience something similar?
I will get the new macs as soon as announced, but I'd be tremendously annoyed if I had to live with this issue for months, as I love listening to music.

Cheers.

Juraj22

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2020
Have similar issue on intel macbook pro ‘15 2018. I noticed that it is caused with xcode simulator, when it stays running. Reatarting simulator fixed that.

it maybe caused by another software as well, you have to find out which one.

it is annoying. Apple should fix that. It is sw bug.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Have similar issue on intel macbook pro ‘15 2018. I noticed that it is caused with xcode simulator, when it stays running. Reatarting simulator fixed that.

it maybe caused by another software as well, you have to find out which one.

it is annoying. Apple should fix that. It is sw bug.
Well, the fact it's software gives me some hope.
I'm planning on doing a format very soon (I like to clean up my drives about twice a year).

Hopefully this issue will have been solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.