Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CheeseGraterMachine39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
I have a cMP 5, 1 running mac os catalina (10.15.5) with a sapphire rx580 GPU and i cant figure out how to boot into windows. I dont have a RW DVD or CD thats blank. I have a 32gb flashdrive to try and install windows 10 on my Mac. Im using a modified copy of bootcamp from a MBP running high sierra. I have looked for many options of somehow seeing the bootscreen when i load into the startup disk menu during booting, and nothing shows but a black screen. The recovery OS i can see and use but nothing else. Ive tried to use rEFInd and still wont work probably due to both no bootscreen showing and the command "csrutil disable" doesn't work when i try on the recovery OS it just says "this command needs to work in the Recovery OS". The startup disk manager also doesn't show any flashdrive or other disk have in it.

Any ideas on how to get into the startup manager screen with my flashdrive with WIN10 on it showing?

Thanks for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.