Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skywasabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
need help..
installed a new os on my macbook pro, 10.6, from then can't capture image from my camera. it's look like my mac can't see it.

please help
:apple:

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
you try completely uninstalling then re-installing the cameras software?

Hopefully this link works. if not check out the canon webpage for your model, and select drivers & downloads, and select os x from the drop down and try there, as those should be the most up to date software for your model.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
If you're using CameraWindow, I don't think it works with Snow Leopard.

skywasabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
found cds that came with the camera. installed all the staff that needed.
mac still can't see it, only the camera window can see it and download pictures.

thanks for help

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
I have an XSi, and it came with EOS Digital Solution Ver. 18.1 Everything works with SL.

Have you gone to Canons' site and downloaded all the files? That would surely help you out!

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
found cds that came with the camera. installed all the staff that needed.
mac still can't see it, only the camera window can see it and download pictures.

thanks for help

Hopefully this link works. if not check out the canon webpage for your model, and select drivers & downloads, and select os x from the drop down and try there, as those should be the most up to date software for your model.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The Canon web page for the XSi states that there are no downloads or updates for it under OS X. Says it's either not needed or not available. When I got my XSi I was too eager to use it to mess with the included software. I just assigned it to iPhoto and edit with PhotoShop CS3. No issues using either the camera cable or a $20 Hoodman SD reader. I use the reader all the time now.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.