Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barwnik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Hi all,

My Mac Pro 1.1 upgraded to 2.1 has stopped booting up.

It does not react to any key combinations after the chime sound. I have tried resetting PRAM, booti up from network, removed rams and all devices and left only 2 RAM modules in.
It does not pick up any HDDs/DVD/USB, just sits on the grey screen, as shown on the video.

Here is the LED status upon booting

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Hi all,

My Mac Pro 1.1 upgraded to 2.1 has stopped booting up.

Without any boot media attached, you should be seeing a question mark - have you seen that during any of your attempts? How long have you left it? Have you tried safe boot, or maybe an alternative keyboard? Try a different USB port too.

The fact that you get a Chime is a good start. I would create a known working SSD with another Mac Pro and try boot off that.

barwnik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Without any boot media attached, you should be seeing a question mark - have you seen that during any of your attempts? How long have you left it? Have you tried safe boot, or maybe an alternative keyboard? Try a different USB port too.

The fact that you get a Chime is a good start. I would create a known working SSD with another Mac Pro and try boot off that.
Thank you for the suggestion but it was not the case.

The only solution was to replace the motherboard.

Turns out the boot room had been overwritten by Windows 10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.