Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZackArts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2016
Honolulu
I recently got a Mac Pro 1 1 and it had a ton of problems/no OS/Dead Card etc. I replaced the card and RAM risers and got a OS Installed, (10.7.2) but now my Mac will not boot up. When I press the power button my 8800 GT from nVIDIA runs at a high or 100% speed, the ram lights flash and that is it, I don't get a signal or anything. I tried swapping ram trays, reseating ram, removing some dimms, etc. I noticed that if I have ram in certain slots that my power light flashes like there is no ram in it.

I couldn't find anyone else on the internet that had this problem so I am asking you guys, what is going on here?

Thanks,
Zack

darkmac79

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2016
The Planet Earth
Hi. Does your Mac make the bong sound when started up. If not it may not be passing the hardware test which is what the bong means really, it means everything has passed the test. Check your ram to make sure it is installed properly and in the correct slots. It could be your graphics card failing. I have two 8800gt cards and only one works a 100 percent. Sometimes one of the cards will bring up a repeating bong. Try a couple of things and get back to me
[doublepost=1483206461][/doublepost]
Hi. Does your Mac make the bong sound when started up. If not it may not be passing the hardware test which is what the bong means really, it means everything has passed the test. Check your ram to make sure it is installed properly and in the correct slots. It could be your graphics card failing. I have two 8800gt cards and only one works a 100 percent. Sometimes one of the cards will bring up a repeating bong. Try a couple of things and get back to me
I recently got a Mac Pro 1 1 and it had a ton of problems/no OS/Dead Card etc. I replaced the card and RAM risers and got a OS Installed, (10.7.2) but now my Mac will not boot up. When I press the power button my 8800 GT from nVIDIA runs at a high or 100% speed, the ram lights flash and that is it, I don't get a signal or anything. I tried swapping ram trays, reseating ram, removing some dimms, etc. I noticed that if I have ram in certain slots that my power light flashes like there is no ram in it.

I couldn't find anyone else on the internet that had this problem so I am asking you guys, what is going on here?

Thanks,
Zack
Try zapping the pram as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.