Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pntrbla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
Hi All,
I am new to this forum so I would like to say hello to you first!
Why I am posting here is that I have a MacPro 1,1 but the original X1900XT died. Then I got a good bargain getting an EVGA Nvidia GTX 560ti classified so have put it into my mac and hence it is not an EFI card I have lost the boot menu. In the meanwhile I have played with the mac and now I have a Xubuntu on it only but would like to put OSX back. Is there any way installing the OSX without playing with hackintosh tools due to non-EFI video card? Unfortunately I do not have any friends who have an EFI card to borrow for the installation.
Thank you in advance for your help.
bLa

blindpcguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2016
Bald Knob Arkansas
If you have another Mac your best ption is to use a firewire cable. Boot the Mac Pro in target disk mode and connect it to your Mac wipe the drive and install El Capitan from theres. Then replace the boot.efi file and you should b ready to go

pntrbla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
If you have another Mac your best ption is to use a firewire cable. Boot the Mac Pro in target disk mode and connect it to your Mac wipe the drive and install El Capitan from theres. Then replace the boot.efi file and you should b ready to go
Thank you very much, I will give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.