Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreeRacing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone, dont know who can help me but i have a 3,1 Mac Pro thats been giving me problems for the past few days. What led up to this problem was me watching a movie in vlc on windows, all of a sudden it just decides to restart. I have switched 10 ram sticks in total, some running the machine for a minute before i cut the power, others causing the machine to crash immediately. Also, with the ram pulled, it still restarts, lights flash (because of the ram not being present) and then the light turns off when it restarts. I have a backup hd5770 (flashed) and a gt710 that i mainly use, both are currently present in the machine. I was using the gt710 when it decided to kill itself. The OSes had on my drives was Catalina, and the newest update of windows. My main power supply also started ticking a few weeks back, but i replaced it with a 1,1 psu. I still have the original psu. I dont know if its a cpu problem, it still has the original E5462s both at 2.8Ghz as they should be. What should i do here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.