Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superlativo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2022
For a few months now my Mac Pro (macOS Monterey + OCLP 0.6.8) has had these problems:
  • When I tell it to shut down, it ends up restarting. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen a lot.
  • When I put it to sleep, 99% of the time it doesn't wake up. When I thought I had found the solution, waking it up with the front ON button instead of the keyboard or mouse worked for a while, but when the problem comes, the ON button no longer works.

Things I tried but the problem continues:
  • Disconnect my card Sonnet 4 ports USB 3.
  • I had an nvme in a Sabrent PCI-e and bought a dual slot PCI-e and removed the Sabrent and put it and a new nvme in this new PCI-e. With both the Sabrent and the dual slot.
  • I replaced the Panasonic BR2032 battery (factory) with a new VARTA CR2032 battery.
  • I did a clean install of Monterey and Ventura.
I don't know what else to try. I find it very annoying not having the sleep option. I use my Mac a lot during the day but I'm away for long periods of time where it's perfect to leave it in sleep mode so it's ready when I get back. I only turned it off at night.

Any idea what could be happening? And how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

bmoraski

macrumors regular
May 27, 2020
Just a shot in the dark but I remember someone having sleep and wake issues which ended up being caused by their mouse. Sorry I can't remember the details I just remember thinking "WTH ? "

Reactions: superlativo

superlativo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2022
Just a shot in the dark but I remember someone having sleep and wake issues which ended up being caused by their mouse. Sorry I can't remember the details I just remember thinking "WTH ? "
Thank you very much for your contribution. I don't use a mouse. I've been using the Wacom tablet for many years and I have no problems with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.