Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KamburKelimat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a problem and I will be crazy.

The problem is my Mac Pro 5.1 has a power issue. when I plugged the power both CPUA and CPUB Overtemp LEDs are lit red 0.5 sec then they off just still 5v LED light. but that 5v LED light very soft. When I pressed the Dıag button that 5V led gets brighter. There is a video for this situation.

Mac never power up. But then I unplug the power then wait 2 or 3 days Mac power up, boot and every thing working perfectly. I already check the voltages with Istat menus there is a picture for that.

20201218_003409.jpg

but one or two hours some times 2 days it shutdown like unplugged. and never power again or waıt 2 days:(.

I search that power ıssues at that forum. than firstly I test my PSU. I found PSU voltage schematic as the attachment

44126014_10157850101707892_3543101208904335360_n.jpg
and I tested PSU every voltage is same, there is no problem with voltages. But there is a clock sound coming from PSU ı don't know is it normal? the sound is ;

Then while searching the solution in forum some one says that capacitors is the problem power issue. I bought 100uf / 16v capacitors and i changed to new ones but nothing changed.
Pls help me How can fix this issue ? I can't buy new logic board is there any chance to fix logic board? I guess there should be simple solution if any component burned or damaged critically it never works.

Pls help me.
Best regards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.