Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gunge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2024
after OCLP bootpicker on my CMP4,1->5,1 , it fully shuts off. i’ve tried resetting NVRAM, etc. for some reason it boots into ubuntu and windows 10 installer but nothing else.
how can i fix this?
OCLP version is 1.5.0, Dual Xeon X5675, 48GB DDR3 1333MHz, RX 6600 XT MacOS Ventura 12.7.6
video attached provides further context.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
Boot into a supported Mac OS and check for firmware problems.

After booting a Windows installer you may have botched the firmware.
Crossflashes tend to break.
Use the Dumper in my signature to check that.

Reactions: bax2023

gunge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2024
Boot into a supported Mac OS and check for firmware problems.

After booting a Windows installer you may have botched the firmware.
Crossflashes tend to break.
Use the Dumper in my signature to check that.
i’ve reinstalled macOS monterey and it’ll boot off the external EFI but it still soils itself when trying to boot with internal EFI

gunge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2024
i’ve reinstalled macOS monterey and it’ll boot off the external EFI but it still soils itself when trying to boot with internal EFI
I’ve installed and ran the software, what exactly am i looking for?

gunge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2024
External EFI, maybe EFI partition on external drive, USB thumb drive for example....
yes, that’s what i meant. my bad
it has a EFI on the external drive but also on the internal drive, both are OCLP. one is older than the other, with the one on the SSD being older

CACCIATORE

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2024
日本
With the same RX 6600 XT GPU, I tried installing Ventura and Sonoma, but both got stuck on the boot screen. It seems that beyond Monterey, both Ventura and Sonoma require CPU support for AVX in order to use the RX 6600 XT driver.

By the way, the original GT 120 can boot Ventura and Sonoma with OCLP 1.5, but the performance is not great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.