Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avw5012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
Hi all,

My Mac Pro won't go on. The displays go black when I turn the Mac Pro on they don't detect it. Im using 2 dell S2817q 4k monitors both connected to the Mac Pro via thunderbolt to display port. Ive changed the monitor settings to be able to support 4k @60hz. I was wondering if I need to use a different adapter or different cable? I did get it to show up on monitor once. I came up with a kernel panic error. Also, the Mac doesn't supply power to the usb's connected at the back such as my magic keyboard 2.

HELP!

Last edited:

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
It would help greatly if you create a " .sig " file in your Macrumors " signature " settings

You can see my sig file at the bottom of this post.

Eg Which cMP, GPU, bootrom do you have ?

We are not mind readers :)

avw5012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
It would help greatly if you create a " .sig " file in your Macrumors " signature " settings

You can see my sig file at the bottom of this post.

Eg Which cMP, GPU, bootrom do you have ?

We are not mind readers :)

I just brought it into Apple. Definitely fried they said. It was within the 90 day warranty for repair cause they did that already once for this. They also said the micro display port to DisplayPort could be causing the issue because of its power properties. I bought 2 new thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 2 cables that it is thunderbolt to micro DisplayPort.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Which Mac pro do you have ?

which Bootrom do you have ?

Which graphics card do you have ?

Which version of Mac OS are you running ?

Did you read post #2 ?

Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.