Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YodaATmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
I wonder one thing: Will Mac Studio M1 Ultra become obsolete before delivery? I mean apple is introducing M2 chips and will introduce the M3 in some close future and still struggles to produce the M1 machines in sufficient numbers...

I understand the "delivery" issue after the introduction in March 2022... ramping up the production, chip shortage etc. etc. Its almost 9 months later though.

How long did you wait for the Mac Studio Ultra? Here it's already a month and no sign of any delivery date at the horizon, not even behind it using a light bending magic wand and of course the force.

darkus

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
That’s unfortunate, it looks like if you place an order right now it’s about 1 month out for a build time in the US. Has yours been pushed back?

YodaATmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Obsolete = in terms of "Apple decides to retire - fill in the blanks - and render it obsolete..."

@pushed back: I ordered at a local dealer, it's better to have somebody to "blame in person" at hand, than just a website. Unfortunately not even the wholesale can tell, what's going on. And I'm in the middle of the EU, Austria.

YodaATmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Well - call it as ever you want. I don't know about any recent crap though. In fact it's pure frustration based on a hype created by apple itself and sometimes the simple need of a studio providing tools for it's staff, hence you might not be in the matter aren't you?

On the other hand, this part of my question was of a very provocative nature. Right, it needs some sense for sarcasm and black humor to get it. My bad I overestimated some readers.

Last edited:

greenmeanie

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
AmigaWarez
I wonder one thing: Will Mac Studio M1 Ultra become obsolete before delivery? I mean apple is introducing M2 chips and will introduce the M3 in some close future and still struggles to produce the M1 machines in sufficient numbers...

I understand the "delivery" issue after the introduction in March 2022... ramping up the production, chip shortage etc. etc. Its almost 9 months later though.

How long did you wait for the Mac Studio Ultra? Here it's already a month and no sign of any delivery date at the horizon, not even behind it using a light bending magic wand and of course the force.
Bought mine as a REFURB didn't wait at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.