Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trekker2014

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
I have an old MacBook Pro from 2008 that, while its the best computer I've ever owned, it fell victim to the so-called "NVidia problem" that has become well known. My question is, will a 2010 MacBook have the same problem? I've got my eye on an old 2010 MacBook for a good price and I'd like to know if it could have the same problem down the road. Thanks.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
The 13" MacBook line really hasn't had any large GPU failure issues that the 15" has seen because they don't use dedicated cards.

The 9400m/320m are very solid cards in the last models of White MacBooks. They shouldn't pose an issue. Ive got late 2008 and mid 2009 models under my care that are still going strong. The 2010 should be no different.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I have an old MacBook Pro from 2008 that, while its the best computer I've ever owned, it fell victim to the so-called "NVidia problem" that has become well known. My question is, will a 2010 MacBook have the same problem? I've got my eye on an old 2010 MacBook for a good price and I'd like to know if it could have the same problem down the road. Thanks.

The GPU issues in Apple notebooks so far have been limited to the discreet GPU models. MacBooks all have integrated GPUs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.