Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cikku7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Hi guys this my first time posting a thread, hope you could help me!

So ive got a Macbook a1278 2008 model and i spilt a little liquid on it. The backlight doesnt work all the time.
I ve read some post in the forum which say that you shouuld check the fuse of the wled driver, i checked this fuse and its fine.

Could someone guide me please because i have high hopes that it will be in 100% working condition since the backlight works at some moments.

Thanks in advance !

cikku7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Thanks for the reply Ryguy. Can i show you a video of what is happening maybe you will have a better idea were to lead me please. Here is the link to the video

ryguy92000

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks for the reply Ryguy. Can i show you a video of what is happening maybe you will have a better idea were to lead me please. Here is the link to the video

It will likely be an intermittent LED driver or a backlight boost circuit. If you want to learn how to do board level repair or get a better idea how to diagnose something like this search for Louis Rossmann on youtube. He has lots of info on these types of repairs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.