Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
Hi there everyone, I need to replace the battery of my old 11" macbook air model. For reference I live in Italy and tried contacting both Apple and some authorized Apple resellers in my zone but both of them told me that there were not (near my living zone) any more batteries for that particular model. So, I need to necessarily look for some aftermarket batteries. The problem is that there are a lot of "cheap alternatives" (mostly with no or fake reviews) that I'm not sure if they will work or if they could damage my MBA. Can you help me choose one brand that could be a good replace? Thanks a lot for your time!
In the meanwhile I'll list some of Amazon's brand. ( I'd prefer buy through Amazon because of its good return policy)

-HASESS
-iProPower
-ANTIEE
-UP PARTS
-E EGOWAY
-POWEROWL
-SLODA
-NinjaBatt
-Renov8

Last edited:

rippley5150

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2015
Sterling VA
Have you contacted macsales.com?
The do ship to internationally, I know shipping to Canada from the US is a little expensive.
Have you had any issues with your 11 and how much RAM does it have?
They have a few 11s on sale and I'm tempted to get one lol

Reactions: Max17

Max17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
Have you contacted macsales.com?
The do ship to internationally, I know shipping to Canada from the US is a little expensive.
Have you had any issues with your 11 and how much RAM does it have?
They have a few 11s on sale and I'm tempted to get one lol
They don't have the A1465 replacement for my macbook. I found on a different site, that sells OWC items, a Renov8 battery brand, but still don't know if it's good.
The 11 (4gb ram) is a bit slow to my liking, but for what i need it, it's good i guess; i would not recommend it tbh, mostly because i can't find another good battery anywhere lol

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
pUredick also makes a reliable replacement battery for macbooks

too bad OWC does not ship to Italia at a reasonable price,
my MBA2010 battery through them is excellent so far

Last edited:

Max17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
pUredick also makes a reliable replacement battery for macbooks

too bad OWC does not ship to Italia at a reasonable price,
my MBA2010 battery though them is excellent so far
Unfortunately I could not find any pUredick batteries anywhere, i guess it's an American brand only? Ever heard of the Renov8 brand though?

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
I spent a sustained period of time trying to discover a suitable battery for a white MacBook, early 2009, and eventually found that 2-Power batteries, sold by Duracell Direct in the UK, were, it seemed, a rare reliable option. I bought one in January 2021 and, while I don't use the MacBook very often, the battery has indeed been reliable. The Duracell Direct website provides information about why the 2-Power batteries are superior to the huge number of cheaper batteries readily available via Amazon and the like. If I were to recommend an option for you, the 2-Power would be it. Here's a link (and there's an Italian language option on the site):

Max17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
I spent a sustained period of time trying to discover a suitable battery for a white MacBook, early 2009, and eventually found that 2-Power batteries, sold by Duracell Direct in the UK, were, it seemed, a rare reliable option. I bought one in January 2021 and, while I don't use the MacBook very often, the battery has indeed been reliable. The Duracell Direct website provides information about why the 2-Power batteries are superior to the huge number of cheaper batteries readily available via Amazon and the like. If I were to recommend an option for you, the 2-Power would be it. Here's a link (and there's an Italian language option on the site):

Thanks for the information, I did not know duracell was making apple batteries. The cost is a bit high (100€) but I will definitely think about it, since I can trust duracell better than an anonymous seller.

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
Duracell do not make these batteries. They are 2-Power brand. The Duracell Direct company is not actually Duracell. I believe they have some arrangement with Duracell to use that name as part of their own trading name. That suggests strongly that Duracell Direct are a reliable company otherwise Duracell (the own-brand battery manufacturer) would not allow the trading connection to be made.

As for price, it seems that you can take a chance and try one of the many batteries available for your MacBook Air and be prepared for possible and perhaps probable disappointment, or go with one that a fellow Mac user has found to be reliable and sourced from a reliable company. The latter policy may save you money in the long run.

This is not the first time I have posted about 2-Power batteries on MacRumors exactly because it is so very difficult to get Mac-compatible batteries for older machines that actually work fully and are safe.

Max17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2023
Duracell do not make these batteries. They are 2-Power brand. The Duracell Direct company is not actually Duracell. I believe they have some arrangement with Duracell to use that name as part of their own trading name. That suggests strongly that Duracell Direct are a reliable company otherwise Duracell (the own-brand battery manufacturer) would not allow the trading connection to be made.

As for price, it seems that you can take a chance and try one of the many batteries available for your MacBook Air and be prepared for possible and perhaps probable disappointment, or go with one that a fellow Mac user has found to be reliable and sourced from a reliable company. The latter policy may save you money in the long run.

This is not the first time I have posted about 2-Power batteries on MacRumors exactly because it is so very difficult to get Mac-compatible batteries for older machines that actually work fully and are safe.
Thanks for the clarification. What about the different Voltage between the original (7.6V) and the duracell (7.3V) batteries? Won't I have any problem with that?

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
As that is the 2-Power battery that Duracell Direct are supplying for your model of MacBook Air (early 2015, eleven-inch) then I would imagine that the slight voltage difference is within acceptable parameters. If in doubt, e-mail Duracell Direct and query this difference. You'll doubtless find yourself reassured.

hex_Edinburgh

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2022
There's not many branded aftermarket batteries for Macs to my knowledge. One of the ones I've used several times and looks decent was Greencell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.