Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Losifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
Hello, yesterday, I installed BootCamp on my MacBook. I closed my MacBook before going to sleep and put it on my table. When I opened it again in the morning, it was dead. It’s not showing any signs of life, I tried every fix and reset what I found on the internet but nothing is working~ I put it in the charger and it’s charging, but no signs of life.. I don’t know, what to do. Any tips?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hello, yesterday, I installed BootCamp on my MacBook. I closed my MacBook before going to sleep and put it on my table. When I opened it again in the morning, it was dead. It’s not showing any signs of life, I tried every fix and reset what I found on the internet but nothing is working~ I put it in the charger and it’s charging, but no signs of life.. I don’t know, what to do. Any tips?
It would be helpful if you listed all of the "fix and reset" steps you have already tried.

Macdctr

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
Remove the bottom cover, disconnect the battery from the logic board for about an hour, reconnect battery, connect charger, press and hold the power button. Hopefully, this will bring the Macbook back to life.

I had a similar problem with my 2015 11 inch Air and I did what Audit13 recommended and my laptop was fine afterwards. Doing this is worth a try... only other thing I did once I reconnected everything was to do an SMC reset and power on the laptop... no issues with my laptop since...

Here is the SMC reset procedure if you don't know it:

Reactions: Audit13

Robert Bacon

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
My MBA 11inch (early 2014) stoped turning on yesterday. It was working fine before. I tried charging it overnight and the MagSafe went from orange to green but still won’t turn on. When doing the SMC reset, the MagSafe does change colors for a few secs. I opened the back and disconnected the battery for 10mins, put it back and it still won’t start. In addition, while the battery was detached I attached the charger, but it still wouldn’t start, nor would the fan start. Do you think it’s the logic board? Any suggestions welcomed!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My MBA 11inch (early 2014) stoped turning on yesterday. It was working fine before. I tried charging it overnight and the MagSafe went from orange to green but still won’t turn on. When doing the SMC reset, the MagSafe does change colors for a few secs. I opened the back and disconnected the battery for 10mins, put it back and it still won’t start. In addition, while the battery was detached I attached the charger, but it still wouldn’t start, nor would the fan start. Do you think it’s the logic board? Any suggestions welcomed!
Disconnect the battery and trackpad from the logic board, attach the charger, and wait to see if it turns on by itself.

Robert Bacon

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
I disconnected both battery and trackpad. Attached the charger which is glowing orange now. Still won’t start. Thoughts? Will it start without the battery being in?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I disconnected both battery and trackpad. Attached the charger which is glowing orange now. Still won’t start. Thoughts? Will it start without the battery being in?
It should start on its own.

I often recommend disconnecting the trackpad because the circuit for the power button runs through the keyboard to the trackpad. The circuit for the power button is separate from the circuit for the keyboard but they both terminate at the same connector.

Have you tried shorting the power pins on the logic board to see if that will start the MacBook? Sometimes, you need to leave the battery disconnected for hours before it will start.

Reactions: Macdctr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.