Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KIkosan007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2019
I bought yesterday a new case for my MacBook air 13 retina, everything seems good but when I install the bottom part, it won´t open properly. Could it be because I'm not installing it properly? the screen won't open more than 90 degrees:

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 455

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
I looked at that brand, but bought one from KECC instead. When I was looking at mine on Amazon, there were multiple versions of the came case design but for different models of the laptop. Are you sure you ended up with the right case for the right model? You have to be very deliberate to make sure you get the right one.

KIkosan007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2019
I looked at that brand, but bought one from KECC instead. When I was looking at mine on Amazon, there were multiple versions of the came case design but for different models of the laptop. Are you sure you ended up with the right case for the right model? You have to be very deliberate to make sure you get the right one.
Yeah i chose the right one, selecting it by series number A1932 MacBook air retina

KB23

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I bought the exact same case as you and had the same problem. Over time, I began to push the screen back and this has caused cracks in the corners of the top of the case... I emailed them about it and received no reply... I would avoid this brand in the future.

Kraizelburg

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2018
Spain
I bought the exact same case as you and had the same problem. Over time, I began to push the screen back and this has caused cracks in the corners of the top of the case... I emailed them about it and received no reply... I would avoid this brand in the future.
I didn't have to apply too much pressure on mine and hinge is not as tight as in your pic so probably avoid that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.