Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oklaonion

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
As the title suggests, I have a 13-inch Macbook Air M2 that I bought last November. Overall, it's the best computer design I think I've ever owned, but it's also the worst-performing. The computer locks up and "stutters" at seemingly random times. Once it starts it keeps on. I don't do any heavy tasks, it's mostly running Safari and Chrome simultaneously (I keep separate browser windows open for two separate jobs).

As far as I can tell the issue is Safari-specific - the problem only seems to occur when Safari is up and running with more than a few tabs. When I click between the tabs the computer will often just lock up/freeze for several seconds. It's pretty infuriating. I keep thinking a few updates will iron things out and I keep being disappointed. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Check memory usage, this sounds like swapping from badly memory intensive websites. Though I've not noticed anything this bad on mothers m2 air

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.