Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GPai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I have a Macbook Air 7,2 (2015), running High Sierra. Out of the blue the camera stopped working. The computer usually stays inside and it is not very challenged, so it seems weird that it would malfunction.
When I check on the camera info on System Information, it lists two cameras under the name "CamTwist". This I cannot understand. I remember having used CamTwist a long time ago for compatibility issues, but not after that. I imagine the System Information on the camera should reed something like FaceTime Camera or Apple Camera, right?

Anyone have any hint? Maybe Somebody in my family screwed the drivers for the camera somehow? I have the intuition this is a software problem. Any idea how to restore the proper Apple drivers for the camera or how to reset this?

Thanks!!

xboxbml

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
Did you install any software recently?.. anything at all?.. yes you are correct. It should show up under click on the Apple icon top left-About this Mac-click System Report-it’s under Camera. Should show FaceTime HD Camera. Should show model ID and Unique ID. If not, it died somehow. Post back what you find.

xboxbml

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
Did you install any software recently?.. anything at all?.. yes you are correct. It should show up under click on the Apple icon top left-About this Mac-click System Report-it’s under Camera. Should show FaceTime HD Camera. Should show model ID and Unique ID. If not, it died somehow. Post back what you find. Mine is on Monterey. It's been a very long time since I was on High Sierra but I think it's in the same spot..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.