Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TarikTz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Hello,

I've purchased a new Macbook Air yesterday and at first I didn't noticed, but macbook fan is really load from the moment I turn on the laptop.

I've tried those SMC restarts but did't help. Now I have installed SMC FAN CONTROL app and I can see that fan is constantly at 7024 rpm and program can't change it's value. I set to low, to high, it's always 7000rpm.

My nearest macbook store is really far and I wanted to check is there any solution for fixing this before I return it for service?

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I'll make you more unhappy - certain uses of any Mac laptop will rev the fans simply because we "must" think thin.

Some web pages that are filled with any animated ads, various art programs and more might rev the fan. This is not a subjective call but one from talking with multiple (others) who have Mac laptops. There are some sources that deal with Mac that have as well commented on the fact Mac Laptops often have minimal air movement due to poor ventilation caused by their "thin" design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.