Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abgc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
Hi, everyone!

My MBA just died in the middle of me browsing the internet. I thought it was a battery problem so I plugged the charger in and the light indicates an amber color, but it’s still not turning on. I left the laptop to charge for a long time and the light never turned green nor it is turning on (even tried the shift control...)

This is the first time it happened. What do you think is the problem? Could it be the battery?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Yes, it could be a flat battery that will no longer charge. Some model MBA and MBP will not turn on when the battery is flat and even if they're attached to a MagSafe Charger. Also, it would help if you told the forum which MBA you own.

abgc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
It’s MBA model: A1465 also thanks for your reply. I wanted to see if there’s anything I can do before I take it to a repair shop

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The MBair A1465 (11-inch) was sold in four different model years - 2012 through 2015
Do you know which year you have?

abgc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2019
Whoops I’m so bad at giving the information, but yeah I have the 2015 one

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Have you tried an SMC reset (it's not the same as an NVRAM reset, and is effective for different kinds of hardware issues.)
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295.

If your MBAir powers up after the SMC reset, be sure to also do an NVRAM reset.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Assuming you get further this time, after you boot, go to System Preferences/Startup Disk pane, and make sure that your boot drive is selected (it will be un-selected after the NVRAM reset)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.