Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albaqllawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2021
So, i’ve had my MacBook Air M1 since December, few weeks ago i was doing some work, and noticed that my screen started flickering in purple, i spoke to the apple support told me to do few things to check if that problem would occur again, went in safe mode, problem didn’t happen, so today while doing my exam online, the screen started flickering again, and my phone was on the screen, and I realised that once mount my phone in the centre of the screen it happens, so I tried that again and nothing happened, please if someone is facing the same problem or know what has caused this to happen, please help me out

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Probably just interference. I've actually had my LCD monitors go all wavy and stuff when I have the cellphone directly beneath it and I get a call or text.

Make sure you keep some distance between your phone and display and see if it happens again.

Albaqllawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2021
Now
Probably just interference. I've actually had my LCD monitors go all wavy and stuff when I have the cellphone directly beneath it and I get a call or text.

Make sure you keep some distance between your phone and display and see if it happens again.
that i think about it, it actually never flickered when the phone is not mounted

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
You've identified the source of the problem. The RF signal from the phone, held so close to the screen is interfering with the operation of the LCD screen. I'm sorry that it causes a problem for you but it is not surprising that it does so. I doubt that this was considered a valid use case when Apple was doing the engineering for the Air. It would likely impact most laptops.

Reactions: Albaqllawa

Albaqllawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2021
You've identified the source of the problem. The RF signal from the phone, held so close to the screen is interfering with the operation of the LCD screen. I'm sorry that it causes a problem for you but it is not surprising that it does so. I doubt that this was considered a valid use case when Apple was doing the engineering for the Air. It would likely impact most laptops.
Thank you for this helpful information

• Haha
Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.