Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Hello all,
I am currently looking to fix to sell my MacBook Air Mid-2013. I believe that the SSD failed about a week ago. As a result, I went to the Apple Store, and they told me that they could not tell if it was solely the SSD or the logic board. So I wound up purchasing a new MacBook Pro since I needed a computer for school ASAP. To recover some of the costs it would help if I could fix the SSD that is currently in the Air.

Is the OWC Aura SSD a good replacement that is worth the money? Is it even worth the money to replace the SSD or just try to sell it as is? Or are there any other outlets online that maybe sell the refurbished model of the Apple SSD? I don't have the original part number and that seems to help find things.

Thanks for any and all help,
Jgelin.

charlyham

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Hello all,
I am currently looking to fix to sell my MacBook Air Mid-2013. I believe that the SSD failed about a week ago. As a result, I went to the Apple Store, and they told me that they could not tell if it was solely the SSD or the logic board. So I wound up purchasing a new MacBook Pro since I needed a computer for school ASAP. To recover some of the costs it would help if I could fix the SSD that is currently in the Air.

Is the OWC Aura SSD a good replacement that is worth the money? Is it even worth the money to replace the SSD or just try to sell it as is? Or are there any other outlets online that maybe sell the refurbished model of the Apple SSD? I don't have the original part number and that seems to help find things.

Thanks for any and all help,
Jgelin.
Amazon has a couple of used drives that were pulled from working machines. You can find the same on Ebay. I personally would rather deal with used stuff on Amazon than Ebay but if you do your homework on ebay sellers you might find a better deal. here is a link to the Amazon page with pulled 128gb and 256gb drives.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...198344:kwd-53852163795&ref=pd_sl_26yblokq1j_b

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.