Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hi there

To a cut a story short, my "2013 Apple MacBook Air 11"/1,3/8GB/256SSD" was damaged with wine

The 256 SSD was taken out, updated to the newest OSX and placed in a "newer" 2015 MBA 11"/2,2/8GB/128SSD.

The old-drive 256GB is currently in the new MBA2015 and is working.
The newer SSD 128 was placed in the older MBA 2013.

The old MBA does not seem to start up.
Both drives work in the new one though.

Both SSDs are updated to the newest OSX. I had the SSD 2011 cloned before updating. When booting the Mac 2011 from an external, it seems to start without any issues.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

Also, I was thinking since the Mac 2011 boots from the external, I would technically only need to copy the data to the internal. The only problem is, how do I do that? When booting from an external, I do not see the internal drive anywhere.

Please suggest a solution. Thank you.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Symptoms would indicate the spill affected your original MBA's internal drive's connectors or controllers.

Check About This Mac>System Report>SATA/SATA Express. What's there?

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Symptoms would indicate the spill affected your original MBA's internal drive's connectors or controllers.

Check About This Mac>System Report>SATA/SATA Express. What's there?

I think you are right. How do I fix this? Any possible way without buying a whole new board?
Is it possible to solder this out and a new connector? How would something like that get damaged? Everything else seems to be in tact and works like a charm.

moey2k2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
let's suppose I have rust... What would be the best way to clean it and make it work?

What options do I have to repair it anyways, if the cleaning should not work?

Please some feedback. Thanks for the support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.