Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Ok, First: I'm wondering if there is anyway for a "remote capture" from the camera to the MacBook. (Having pictures saved right to MacBook)

Second: I was wondering can the MacBook be used as an intervalometer for time lapse? (setting interval between pictures)

Any info will be appreciated! I want to pick up a Canon Rebel XS and this is a deciding factor if i will buy this camera.

Thanks in advance! :)

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
Ok, First: I'm wondering if there is anyway for a "remote capture" from the camera to the MacBook. (Having pictures saved right to MacBook)

Second: I was wondering can the MacBook be used as an intervalometer for time lapse? (setting interval between pictures)

Any info will be appreciated! I want to pick up a Canon Rebel XS and this is a deciding factor if i will buy this camera.

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes. The included Canon software will do both of those things.

My advice is when you get your camera, pick up a 15' USB-A to Mini-A cable so that it's easier to place your notebook someplace safe and stable instead of trying to do it with the included 4.5' cable.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Yes. The included Canon software will do both of those things.

My advice is when you get your camera, pick up a 15' USB-A to Mini-A cable so that it's easier to place your notebook someplace safe and stable instead of trying to do it with the included 4.5' cable.

Awesome!! Thanks alot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.