Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viktor_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
Sweden
Hi guys,
I have a MacBook Late 2008, 820-2327-A with the APP001 592.4T, 0823A WLED QFN.
I'm wondering if you could help me pinpoint the locations on the logic board where I should do the troubleshooting, I've located the F9800 Fuse and am about to replace that (ordered a pack of 2A, 32VDC Quick Blow fuses, type 0402).

The LVDS connector and cable looks fine, but if you know how to troubleshoot this with a multimeter please feel free to help and describe the process. I get a picture on the screen (visible when lit with flashlight)

Wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of other places where I should look for continuity, and possibly what Ohms are expected at those locations. I'm including two pictures of the front- and backside of the board to help you circle areas if you like to help.

Regarding the WLED, I've seen these are available from eBay but has a slightly different numbering on them, would these http://www.ebay.com/itm/171643360356?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT work on this logic board?

I've got the schematics and the "Test Link Drawing Program" so I'm quite ready to start exploring, just my schematic skills aren't top-of-the line, are all instances referred to as "LCDBKLIGHT" or similar important to check? Also I'm a little uncertain as to what to look for, I noticed in the schematics there are little comments with regards to voltage, so I guess that's something to look for? As mentioned, any help is appreciated to get things going.

As to what caused the issue, a friend of mine (who gave me the machine) said he was using the app "Switch" and suddenly there was a strange clicking noise from within and then it went. If anyone feels familiar with a clicking/ ticking noise in relation to backlight issues, please let me know. And oh, the LCD was replaced so its certainly on the board, external screen works so not the GPU either.

2n1dhk2.jpg

bdjdj8.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.