Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimmy18222

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
Italy
Hello folks. Here's the problem. I've got a white unibody MacBook late 2009 a1342 that suffer for the "blown backlight fuse" . I swapped with a new one and backlight comes again! But the problem isn't solved yet. I guess that the reason of the burned fuse is in the LCD, infact if I put AN OTHER working logic board in my LCD i got same problem, there is image but no backliight ( i could see it using a torch) . So the problem is not the logic in both case , but it's on the display (as the fixed fuse one works well in other display) .

My question: it's possible that the problem is only the LVDS video cable? Can a corrupt one let the image be shown nor the backlight ? Or maybe thats case sounds like a corrupt LCD that can not be fixable? I had not the change to test an other LVDS cable , unfortunately i cannot take apart my friends other Display to test his working cable on my LCD.. Any suggestion would be appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.