Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsqgera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Hello everyone!
Recently discovered an unpleasant feature when working on Macbook Pro 13 2017 TB (256GB) - (On different MacOS). I know that MacOS Is not perfect and Safari is not a very good browser, but....
The problem is the fading of the interface when viewing certain sites or videos, when the picture freezes every 1-3 seconds, if you drive your finger on the trackpad, it will be more noticeable. The problem manifests itself on ordinary sites (but on some), for example Letyshops.ru

Example of my problem:

Of course, you can use Google Chrome (it works well)
But some apps use the Safari engine, which is why my system starts to slow down when reading the feed in Tweetbot (when I stumble across the video).
I have tried Sierra/High SIerra 10.13.5-6/Mojave Public Beta2 / 3 - this problem is repeated everywhere.
Tried resett NVRAM-did not help.
Among the interesting: in the new AppStore MacOS Mojave preview video applications also make my system slow down.

My friends with Macbook Pro / Mac Mini don't have such problems, I also looked at the stands with my MBP model in the store - they don't have such a problem.

Has anyone heard of such cases?
I'm going to go to a service center for help, but they're not sure they can help me.

fsqgera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
The service center has replaced to me a motherboard under warranty.
Now everything works great

buran-energia

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2017
Privet :) So, if you go to Letyshops.ru and move your mouse in circle with trackpad and it freezes, it is not normal? Can anyone else reproduce this? Because I can on the 13 2017 tb, too.

I always thought this was a software issue with Safari. And it's interesting that it was solved with the motherboard replacement. Did they say what exactly was the problem there to make this glitch happen? Also, what cpu do you have? i7?

edit: hmm, same problem with apple's own site for me https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2018/

Last edited:

fsqgera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Privet :) So, if you go to Letyshops.ru and move your mouse in circle with trackpad and it freezes, it is not normal? Can anyone else reproduce this? Because I can on the 13 2017 tb, too.

I always thought this was a software issue with Safari. And it's interesting that it was solved with the motherboard replacement. Did they say what exactly was the problem there to make this glitch happen? Also, what cpu do you have? i7?

edit: hmm, same problem with apple's own site for me https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2018/

I have a Macbook 13 2017 TB Core i5 3.1Ghz
This is the behavior of the Macbook when visiting certain sites in Safari is not normal. Because on other devices from Apple (iMac, Macbook Pro 2017, MacMini such a problem is not observed).
Since I did not manage to solve the problem by completely reinstalling the OS for different builds, there was a variant with a hardware problem (Yes, a rather strange problem and the service center was also surprised).

The service center said that they found an incorrect operation of the motherboard, so they will replace it under warranty.

After replacing the motherboard, the Macbook really started to work much faster and problems with Safari are no longer observed.

buran-energia

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2017
I have a Macbook 13 2017 TB Core i5 3.1Ghz
This is the behavior of the Macbook when visiting certain sites in Safari is not normal. Because on other devices from Apple (iMac, Macbook Pro 2017, MacMini such a problem is not observed).
Since I did not manage to solve the problem by completely reinstalling the OS for different builds, there was a variant with a hardware problem (Yes, a rather strange problem and the service center was also surprised).

The service center said that they found an incorrect operation of the motherboard, so they will replace it under warranty.

After replacing the motherboard, the Macbook really started to work much faster and problems with Safari are no longer observed.

Some people said this problem beings once you do a PRAM (NVRAM?) reset. Have you dared to reset it after getting a new logic board?

fsqgera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Some people said this problem beings once you do a PRAM (NVRAM?) reset. Have you dared to reset it after getting a new logic board?
I thought about it for a while, but did not dare try it. Perhaps it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.