Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ofir87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
Hi all,

Just wanted to give my 2 cents with my experience.

A base-model of the MacBook Pro 13 2018 (TouchBar) is running WAY cooler after updating to a OS X Mojave.
This is with same usage, for example running Safari with multiple YouTube videos/Netflix, mail and 4-5 apps in the background - no unpleasant heat from the bottom of the Macbook after a while as was earlier.

Lightroom/Photoshop usage also didn't push to computer to same heat as I remember earlier, but as I never measured this it might be more psychological.

Bottom line - the computer can be put on your lap for a long periods of time more easily now.

Have a good one,
Ofir

anpaman

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2018
Hi all,

A base-model of the MacBook Pro 13 2018 (TouchBar) is running WAY cooler after updating to a OS X Mojave.
This is with same usage, for example running Safari with multiple YouTube videos/Netflix, mail and 4-5 apps in the background - no unpleasant heat from the bottom of the Macbook after a while as was earlier.

Lightroom / Photoshop usage also didn't push to computer to same heat as I remember earlier, but as I never measured this it might be more psychological.

Bottom line - the computer can be put on your lap for a long periods of time more easily now.

Have a good one,
Ofir

Does Mojave compatible with Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 ?

Thank

pubmsu

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Hi all,

Lightroom/Photoshop usage also didn't push to computer to same heat as I remember earlier, but as I never measured this it might be more psychological.

Have a good one,
Ofir
This is great to know! I wonder whether i7 models get unpleasantly warm/hot on lap use - anyone with i7 and Mojave?

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Hi all,

Have a good one,
Ofir

What about battery life difference?

Ofir87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
What about battery life difference?
Again - I'd be commenting more from a psychological aspect as I didn't notice a bad battery life in the first place.

It does looks like it takes a bit longer to drain, but as I didn't measure the "before", I'd say it's comparable in case there IS a difference. it is not worse, that I can say for sure.

Ofir

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Same here with the 2017 version.. Sounds like the clocks are much more stable now..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.