Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

I found strange thing on my MBP 13" 2020 screen.

There is a bluish reflection at right angles in daylight on the left side of the screen in the bezel. This looks like a dot, it is twice smaller than camera whole on the top bezel. I have checked it under lamp, under flashlight, I cannot identify any damage there. I have found it when I thought that ii was a streak, but it cannot be removed. It is to small to take a photo etc.

I suspect that it could be something like sensor, but I cannot find any information on web if there is any sensor on left bezel.

It could be imperfection in coating also. I cannot see it looking on screen directly, so I think it is not a staingate issue.

I have not noted this thing on my MBP 16" and in other place of screen of my MBP 13".

What it could be? Is it normal? I am out of my 14 days return period. This do not affect any visibility because it is hardly to see and it is on bezel.

Regards,
J.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
I just googled and:

The ambient light sensor on the newer Unibody MacBook Pro (all models: 13″, 15″, 17″) is located directly next to the iSight camera at the top of the display. You can verify the location by holding your hand over the area to the left of the iSight camera and watch as your screen dims and the keyboard lights brighten.

When I direct flashlight directly on this spot then it is totally black, it does not look like any sensor overall. It looks like small imperfection, but I do not know.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Tried but with no success. Camera cannot capture it. I will help you imagine it. Where for example we use water on screen and we do not wipe it perfectly then under light we can see blue smudges / strains. This ha the same colour and looks like dot. Twice smaller then whole of camera. And it is permanent. Tried to wipe it out with social wipes for a screens from Fellows and other company but with no success.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't know what's on the other side of the glass on the bezel but my guess is there's an imperfection there. I have limited knowledge of both MBP screen manufacturing and light refraction so how this is all adding up to a blue dot is beyond my scope. And by "limited knowledge" I mean I don't know squat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.