Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Randy53215

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Greenfield, WI (U.S.A.)
I'm struggling to find any sort of External Graphics that is compatible with the A1502.

The reason for the external graphics is this.... I have a buddy who owns a bar, and he uses this notebook to stream various music videos to the TV's. However the internal graphics card doesn't have enough 'juice' to do so on it's own. It can do it but there's points during the stream where it 'lags'.

Any help towards finding a solution in all this would be great.

Thanks Everyone!

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
As long as you have Thunderbolt on your Mac you can use an eGPU. If you have Thunderbolt 1 or 2 it won’t be as fast and you will need to run some scripts to get it working, but no matter what it’ll be a lot better than the iGPU.

Go to eGPU.io and check out build guides. I’m sure there will be some available for your model. I’ve done an eGPU with Thunderbolt 1, 2, and now use an eGPU with my Thunderbolt 3 MBP and Mac mini and have gotten them all to work. No matter what, it’ll be better than your iGPU.

Also, just a tip but next time maybe post the year/specs of your Mac instead of the model number. I don’t think everyone has model numbers memorized and I had to do a search to find out your Mac is probably a late 2013 or mid 2014. Just click the Apple logo from the desktop and then About this Mac to find the year and specs.

Good luck!

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2004

Randy53215

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Greenfield, WI (U.S.A.)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.